Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bright and early

Yesterday was a beautiful day for walking! It was the day of our program that Ginny and I are suppose to do an easy walk. We felt good and decided to walk our full route which is 5 miles. We were able to keep a really great steady pace and the whole walk felt wonderful.

This morning we met at 7 (yes 7:00 Saturday morning!) and only had to go 2.5 miles. It was really cold when we started and the cold air immediately affected my lungs. Luckily it warmed up pretty quickly and it wasn't too long before I felt just fine. I was a beautiful morning and I was really happy to be up enjoying it. We walk/jogged for 2.5 miles then walked another mile to cool down. Afterward our muscles were stiff  which I attributed to the cold weather.

I am really liking this training program. Ginny and I agree that it makes workouts very do-able. In fact we were talking about how 3 miles were now a no brainer, and were realizing how far we had come in these past few months. I love the addition of biking  and am thinking I really want to add some abdominal work in. That is the physical area I need the most work, and since I am doing cardio 6 times a week, maybe abdominal workouts would actually work!!! I do get a little nervous that I am going to do something weird to my stoma, but Dr. Kim has given me the go ahead, so I might as well try.

2 comments:

  1. Please remember you need the right nourishment. When burning such high number of calories as you do even without exercise you will burn even more when exercising. Plenty of green vegetables, beans, meats, sweet potatoes, and don't forget natures best post workout drink... milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you big brother. I have been doing goog at making sure I eat. All those who love me have told me the exact same thing!!!

    ReplyDelete