Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Turn up the heat!!!!

I love warm weather, I don't love running in it! This week has been a little tricky with the weather being so warm. Ginny and I have certainly slowed our pace up so we don't pass out. We really want to make sure that we are getting in 3-4 work outs a week, but don't want to make ourselves sick with the heat. I am really looking forward summer break which is only a week and a half away! We will be able to workout early, before it's too hot, and have a whole day left afterwards!

I ended up having to go in for a C.T. scan today. I have been having some weird problems on the scar where my anus was removed. I needed to drink contrast for the scan, and it has left me feeling really queasy. Needless to say, our workout today was very slow!

We are still averaging about 5 miles a day and are loving the interval program. Some days are better than others, but each day I get out, I feel great that I did!!
I realize that I have waited a long time to post my other blog, and really wanted to share it before now. I have finally finished writing it, and am now editing it. I really want to add pictures, and hopefully will be able to post it soon. My hopes were to share these two blogs and help people to understand what it is like living with crohn's disease. I really want to raise money for the run I am doing in June, and hoped that adding a personal element would make it more "real." The walk is just a few weeks away and I think I have taken too long. If you read this, and are able, I would love if you could support the foundation I am running for and donate to my team. It is really simple and is a wonderful cause. You can log onto the website ccfa.org click on "Taking Steps, Changing Lives" and find my team "Gut's Who???" ANY donation, from $1 up will be such a blessing, and it is tax deductible! Sorry to turn my blog into a fundraiser, I just feel like I needed to get the word out!

No comments:

Post a Comment