Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Consistency is Key!!!!

I have been so hit and miss on posting to this blog. I have to admit that my workouts have been more miss than hit! I had to have a drain put in where my rectum and anus wasremoved, because it hadn't healed properly and kept getting infected. The day after it was put in I was able to go walking, but haven't been out again until today. I have been way too sore. Some days it has even been to painful to do much more than lay down. Walking, sitting and driving have been very uncomfortable to say the least.

With my walk coming up this Saturday, I knew that I needed to get some exercise in this week, so that I would have more stamina. This morning I went out with Ginny and we both felt the consequences of not working out for a week! We were only able to do one interval of jogging and ended up walking the rest of the way. In total we were able to go the full 5  miles in about an hour and 15 min.

It felt great to be back out exercising, and I want to keep it up! Today I meet with my surgeon to see what the next steps are going to be for my recovery. I am seriously praying that I can get the drain out, and that things are healed enough, that we can be done. I have a fear that I will end up with a wound vac. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I will be healed enough....

I feel like I am not building up endurance and stamina as much as I would like to. Obviously consistency would help, but I really want to be able to go farther, faster, and be stronger. I think that I will see what happens today at the Doctors. If they go well, then I am going to be making so serious exercise goals for what I want to accomplish over the summer.

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one with motivation issues. we all go through them. When I went to Germany I was doing PT every day and lost 20 lbs. But since I have been home and back to the same things I have a hard time finding motivation and time for Physical training. So I have made to commitment to do several mini work outs through out the day.

    I do hope and pray your health will improve and you will heal enough to continue your exercise program. You are an amazing woman and I am proud to have you as my sister.

    Keep up the good work and positive attitude. Attitude is 80% of the battle. And remeber the acronym SMILE (Spiritually Minded is Life Eternal).

    ReplyDelete