Monday, March 19, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Week five begins as a bust. Well a partial bust. The gym in closed this week for remodeling and today is really cold! We started out and quickly realized that it was uncomfortably cold and windy. We decided to use the Jordan Parkway and started out just fine. The warm up went fine but 2 minutes into jogging, I felt my muscles begin to really tense up. I wasn't sure if I was tense because it was so cold or because I hadn't stretched out before we started. I tried to ignore it but I was having a hard time moving. The cold wind was also taking a toll on my lungs. Right from the beginning I was winded and my lungs were starting to burn. Things didn't look too good. We slowed down and then paused to stretch, because of the cold and wind we decided to just try a quick walk. We really enjoyed the pretty scenery, but were really frozen!

I am not even counting today as day one of week 5. I feel like I need a better start for it to actually count. We did walk the 30 minutes though and that is why it wasn't a full bust. Something is better than nothing, right?

Time out: 30 (shivering) min.
Distance covered: 1.5 miles

The good news, is that I can only progress from here! Here's to hoping Wednesday is warmer, and I am stronger. Anyone have tips on how to fix my breathing problems? I really could use some help.

1 comment:

  1. I just started running last week. I started at 3/4 mile and by Saturday I was at 1.5 miles. I really support you and will be up to par by the time the 5k is here.

    ReplyDelete