Monday, March 12, 2012

Pushing a little harder.

So, I am getting a little behind on my posts. I have to be honest with you, sometimes I feel a little silly writing these posts. I always have the thought at the back of my mind of, who really cares what I am doing daily? I just can't imagine that what I am saying is really very interesting. However, I do enjoy posting and for this reason I will continue!

Last week overall was not the best week so far. I felt like my body was not wanting to cooperate with what I wanted it to do. My right knee and back ankle areas have just been causing me so many problems. It was a little discouraging. I moved so slooooowwww, that a normal walker was faster than I was. I am so thankful for a running partner who is so flexible and kind about my wimpiness. I wasn't sure what was causing the difference and felt really bad about my progress. For this reason, I decided to train at week 4 again for this week. I want to really feel good about what I am doing before I move on to the next weeks workout. I don't want to just push through at a really minimal level. I want to feel like I "passed" that workout off, before I move to the next.

My children are on spring break this week, and I decided I wanted to exercise with a group of amazing ladies from church.They go out every weekday morning. We met at 9:30 and decided since the weather was gorgeous, that we would go around the neighborhood.We only had one more friend than usual, but it made it really fun! We weren't especially speedy, but I feel really good the whole time I was out. I feel really good now too! I was able to push myself harder than last week, but didn't go to the point that I was miserable. I am really  hopeful that this week will go really well, and that I will feel strong again.

My good friend sent me a link to  a lot of different half marathons taking place in Utah. I have already had a few friends saying they would be willing to participate in one of them with me. I am constantly amazed at what an incredible circle of support I have!!! Thank you everyone!!!! I will check out the website today and figure out what half I want to do.

Today Ginny and I walked to the church and back, we also went around the outside of the church a few times while we waited for more people to show up. I only calculated the 30 min. we were doing the program, but with everything added up, I think we did about 3 miles!

Time out: 30 min. (timed)
Distance covered: 2.43 miles


4 comments:

  1. I read every single post, and I look forward to knowing how it's going. :) you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like sissy I have read every post also. I don't know how else to support you besides reading your posts and commenting when I have anything significant to share. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posts! I am glad you are feeling better this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH, you guys are the best!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support!!! I will keep posting then! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete