Thursday, March 8, 2012

A new day

Yesterday went pretty well. I was still having a lot of ankle and knee pain, so I decided to take ibuprofen about 40 min.before we were scheduled to exercise. I was happy that my pain was down quite a bit before I started to workout. I was very determined to push harder today. I have realized that I need to make small day to day goals, so I don't get discouraged at myself when there are times that I haven't done as well as I had wanted to. Yesterday my goal was to keep jogging and not give up before our time was up. There have been a few times that I have stopped jogging and started walking before it was time. This time I wanted to keep going even if it was a struggle. My pace was really slow, but I was able to keep a good pace and my walk/jog intervals were very steady. Once again, our GPS froze and stopped calculating for the last half of our routine. I have figured out that inside is not the best place to run a GPS!!!!

I have been struggling with my breathing again, which is frustrating because we have mainly been inside. I am not sure what to do. I guess maybe I should talk less? I just really enjoy the conversations Ginny and I have!!! I am really hoping that as I consistently workout, my breathing, ankle and knee will become stronger and I will be able to work harder.

Yesterday I went to the TEAM CHALLENGE meeting for the ccfa.org half marathon which takes place this July. It was a really neat experience. I was able to meet with people who have done the half marathon before. It was very inspiring! Most of the people in attendance were there in honor of someone they know who has crohn's or colitis. That was really amazing for me to see!!! I really REALLY want to do this. They train you and provide a HUGE amount of  support to make sure each participant succeeds. There is a big fundraising goal to be able to attend, but more than 75% of it goes towards finding a cure for these diseases. It would be such an honor to participate in something so meaningful. Anyone want to join me? It is in July. Training starts in 3 weeks. It is $75 to join and then you fund raise for the rest of the amount. It takes place in Napa Valley California and sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am really thinking I want to make big goal to do this and not only to do it, but to run the whole way!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the race. I'm assuming it's the Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon. Which is on July 15th...a Sunday. Yuck. Other than that it sounds amazing & does seem totally worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH MAN!!! Thank you for being detail oriented and finding stuff like that out for me. Well, that makes that decision a whole lot easier!!!!

    ReplyDelete