Thursday, March 8, 2012

A new goal!

All day long I keep thinking about this half marathon. It is such a big goal, that I know I want to do it! Then this practical voice in my head tells me, "There is no need to worry yourself with fundraising, just find a local half marathon and it is the same thing." But, I think, this one is for a really good cause. Back and forth back and forth are my thoughts on this. I am the type of person who relies on how I feel about things to guide me. I need to feel clear and confident about the decision I am making. Even if it is scary  and seems out of reach, that is okay, as long as I have confirmation that it is right. I talk to David about it, and while he will support anything, he is more cautious about the financial responsibility attached to signing up.

Several hours later, I see a post my wonderful friend Ginny has made about the race. It will be held on a Sunday......BOOOO!

Needless to say, my decision has been made for me, and in a way I feel relieved. Not because I don't want to run a half marathon, but because I know that it is not something I am suppose to be doing with Team Challenge at this time.

Here is my thought process now.......
My brother Jacob signed up to run a half marathon right here in Utah. It was a simple entry fee. I know I won't be ready for the one he is doing because it is in April. Yet this makes me think, there has to be more options out there for marathon running right? I have decided I will run a half marathon. I want it to be in July-September time frame. This way I can train and prepare. I am not sure how to go about finding half marathons to run in, and that is where I am hoping to get some help from you wonderful friends. If you know of any or know of a way to find out when some will be, will you please let me know? I also really would love friends to run with me. I really enjoy the support, it fuels me and keeps me going. Are any of you interested??? Please let me know. It would be an honor to do this together. This is a really big deal to me. I want to be able to set this goal, that right now seems sooooo far away, and make the little weekly goals to make it happen. Running this 5k is a great opportunity for me to challenge myself. A half marathon would be an incredible accomplishment that would make me feel like I took it one step higher. When I picture having health, I picture having the ability to accomplish these types of goals. I am really excited!


2 comments:

  1. here is a website with a calendar of half marathon races in utah. I am sure there are even more than this. I want to train with you so bad! I know that Sam won't let me, and I'm not sure i could hack it with a newborn anyway...but I'm still considering the idea - especially if you choose one at the end of sept (but you might not want to wait too long). :) I am excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops, the website:

    http://www.halfmarathons.net/race_calendar_utah.html

    ReplyDelete