Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chugging along

Sometimes I get a little annoyed when my body doesn't think I should be the boss. I have been having problems with my ankle and heel area when I exercise and  for awhile afterwards. Today I was soooooo slow! My ankles felt so tight and sore it was hard for me to jog well at all. I also think that being sick yesterday had me a little more worn out than I thought I would be also. Needless to say today's workout wasn't as successful as I had wanted it to be. Luckily, I have an exercise partner who is so supportive and really let me go at my own pace. It is week four of the couch to 5k program that I am doing. This week the program goes as follows

5 min. brisk walk
3 min. jog
90 sec. walk:
 5 min. jog
2 1/2 min. walk
3 min. jog
90 sec. walk
5 min. jog

In 15 min, this is suppose to equal 1 3/4 mile. Well including our warm up and cool down times we only went a 2 miles.

Time out: 34 min. 
Distance covered: 2 miles 


I definitely felt a little discouraged at first. I know that I should be able to do more. Of course Ginny always makes me feel better and tells me to realize how far I have come in just 1 month! She is great! I just really wish I was able to have steady consistent workouts. I want to be strong. I guess sometimes I want the end result now. I need to realize that it will take time and things won't always be perfect. This is a lesson I seem to need to learn many times over.

2 comments:

  1. When I have a bad run or feel disappointed with my results I just keep thinking this over and over: "Every step brings me closer to my goal and the finish line... no matter how long it takes me to get there!"
    Keep it up Mariah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have a bad run... I just dont run. HAHAHAHAA

    ReplyDelete